If you want to incorporate cardio into your daily life but find yourself crunched for time, you can follow this super effective routine and be done in just 10 minutes a day!
Always remember while on your journey to health and fitness, some exercising everyday is better than none at all. Even if you have a busy lifestyle, there are ways to keep your blood flowing, energy levels high and your heart healthy.
Warm Up Stretches
Warm Up Stretches
Warming up before starting any type of workout routine is of major importance for two reasons. In a typical warm-up session, you will be stretching and flexing your muscles. This will open up the ability for your body to move easily and freely, making your exercises more effective. Secondly, this helps prevent more of a chance of injuring yourself. If your muscles are tight while exercising, you run the risk of tears and even more drastic injuries. Never bypass stretching/warming up before starting an exercise routine, even if it is just 10 minutes per day.
Easy Ways To Warm-Up Before Your 10 Minute Cardio Workout
Easy 10 minutes cardio workout every day to stay healthy and motivated!
10 Minute Cardio Workout Exercises
Arm Wheels – Pretend that your arms are wheels on a car for 30 seconds. Stand up straight with your arms extended out. Draw big circles on the imaginary walls that you are standing in between.
Big Band March – With your knees coming up high, march in place for another 30 seconds.
Work Those Calves – Standing with your feet shoulder length apart, bring one knee up at a time and hold in place for 5 seconds.
Slowly bring your leg back down to the floor straight. Continue to alternate between both legs until you have done 10 in total (5 per leg).
Imaginary Seating – Standing with your feet shoulder length apart, squat down as if you are having a seat. Each time you “sit,” hold for a few seconds and slowly rise. Do this 10 times and lead with your hips each time you stand.
Jog In Place – For 30 seconds, jog in place.
- March in place similarly like you did in your warm up exercises for 30 seconds.
- Do your sitting exercise but this time extend your arms out in front of you as you are lowering yourself to “sit” – Be sure that your arms are parallel with the floor. Each time you raise up, bring your arms back down to your side.
- Jumping Jacks – Do 30 jumping jacks extending your arms over your head each time.
- Kung-Fu Kicks – Step slightly to the side and kick straight ahead and outward. Kick high and keep your stomach tight. You can alternate between kicks or do 10 reps on each leg at a time.
- Sidestepping – Jump or step side to side while keeping your stomach tight for 30 seconds
- Stand up straight with legs slightly apart. Bend down and cross over and touch your toes on your opposite foot. Ideally, keep your knees straight and alternate. Touch each set of toes 10 times.
Daily cardio workout