Weight Loss Bootcamp is a very intense workout and training program that is inspired by military style workouts. This is an INTENSE program that is not for the faint of heart. You will be worked beyond what you ever thought possible, but the benefits and rewards can be totally worth it. Not only will this kind of program help you to lose weight, but it will also help you to gain strength, both physical and mental. You will gain physical and mental resilience that many people don’t have. You will also stand to give yourself more energy and motivation once you are settled into the program and have started seeing the great results that this kind of program can offer. Let’s examine some of the specifics of these Weight Loss Bootcamps.
What is Weight Loss Bootcamp?
This type of workout program borrows from military basic training, which involves lots of drills. And when I say lots of drills, I mean drill after drill after drill until you feel you may not be able to make it any further. This is the basis for these kinds of weight loss programs. This often involves everyone’s (not so) favorite moves like sit ups, push ups, pull ups, sprints, and long distance running. If you want to do Weight Loss Bootcamp, then brace yourself for one of the most intense yet rewarding experiences of your life. You will be pushed to the limits of your abilities and you will test your body and mind more than you likely ever have.
The workouts are carried out in a circuit style fashion with anywhere between 30 seconds to one minute of high intensity action with only a short rest period in between each circuit. This helps those who use it to not only lose weight, but also to build more strength and endurance. One of the best aspects is that you don’t need to have any fancy equipment and no gym membership is necessary. While some people go away to Weight Loss Bootcamps, many people carry out this exercise program in the comfort of their own home.
The Bootcamp style workouts also work every muscle group in the body. They focus on your core, arms, legs, glutes, and back. It also helps in many areas of physical stamina and physique. This workout will help you in areas of flexibility, strength, and stamina. While this is a very intense program, beginners can still engage in it. Circuits can be cut down and rest periods can be longer at the start. The specific moves that are performed can also be made easier when starting out. After some time, you will be able to increase intensity and length of your circuits while decreasing the length of needed rest time in between. People love the fact that they can save money with this method if they want to. You can hire a trainer and go to a gym or even a stay at an actual Bootcamp. However, if you don’t want or need all of that, then you can do this in the comfort of your home, indoors or outdoors. You don’t need equipment, with the exception of maybe weights or other small items. Keep in mind that you can get creative and use other objects for weight.
Tips for Success
- Get that heart pumping – This method of losing weight or toning up depends upon aerobic exercise. The rapid circuits with short rest periods is designed to get that heart pumping while you are working out all of the muscle systems in your body.
- Be prepared to Sweat – Don’t go into this workout expecting it to be easy. Prep your mind and body to be challenged. This is where your mental strength will come into play more than anything else. You will need to push yourself harder and harder and then even harder as you progress with the program.
- Get Your Protein – This exercise program will push your muscles to their limits. You will need a proper amount of protein to help your muscles repair and rebuild after the grueling training. Many people who utilize Weight Loss Bootcamps love to drink protein shakes before, during, and after their workout. Just don’t overdo it. Talk with your doctor about the correct amounts of protein and stick by their advice.
- Step it up – While you should always be pushing yourself with this method, you should always strive to push yourself further. As you progress, add reps to your circuits. Go harder and longer and take shorter rest periods. For this method to be effective, you absolutely must push yourself. This is why many people prefer to use a trainer or actually go away to a camp to train over time.
Top 10 Bootcamps Worldwide
Let’s review some of the top rated Weight Loss Bootcamps worldwide. These camps are the kinds of ones that you can take a trip to and stay for an extended period of time to really get in shape.
- Bikini Bootcamp at Amansala – This Bootcamp is right alongside the beach, so that you are surrounded by beautiful scenery for your workout. It is for both men and women. You can also engage in meditation sessions, African dance lessons, and even enjoy their spa.
- The Camp – The Camp is in Scotland and was one of the first Bootcamps that geared military style workouts towards women. It is ran by members of the UK Special Forces.
- The Ashram – This Bootcamp in Santa Monica has served high profile individuals like Oprah and others. They focus on hiking, meditation, and yoga.
- Camp Biche – This Bootcamp is in SW France and encourages drinking wine alongside their Bootcamp program!
- Men’s Fitness Bootcamp – This is located in So Cal and in Florida and involves a whopping FIVE HOURS of intense workouts daily.
- Fitness Bootcamp at Red Mountain Resort & Spa – Located in Utah, this Bootcamp offers a resort and spa experience for those who are training hard and want a nice reward.
- Jungle Bay Bootcamp – This Bootcamp in Dominica offers hardcore workouts in the rainforest for those who have a knack for adventure.
- The Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge – They have locations in California, New York, Utah, and Chicago. It is a very challenging program that will push you to your limits.
- Mountain Trek – With locations worldwide, this Bootcamp focuses on hiking and mountain climbing for an intense workout.
- Florida Hang Ten – This is geared towards surfers and offers competitions to get surfers out and more active.
- Makofsky, N. (2015, Dec 28). Tips on Boot Camp for Weight Loss . Retrieved from LiveStrong: http://www.livestrong.com/article/434088-tips-on-boot-camp-for-weight-loss/
- Plum Auvil, J. (n.d.). Best Fitness Boot Camps . Retrieved from Travel Channel: http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/wellness-and-renewal/articles/best-fitness-boot-camps
- Watson, S. (n.d.). Bootcamp. Retrieved from WebMD: http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/a-z/boot-camp-workouts
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 21st September 2019)