Duromine is an appetite suppressant that helps you lose weight. It is meant to be used in conjunction with a low calorie diet and exercise. The active component of Duromine is the generic drug Phentermine.
This form of Phentermine has been combined with a resin to make a slow release capsule that helps prolong the effects of Duromine. Duromine is made by 3M Pharmaceuticals and is marketed throughout Australia and New Zealand. In Australia, Duromine capsules come in three different strengths: 15 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg in blister packs of 30 capsules.
- DUROMINE 15 written on them, AUSTRALIA 10941 Duromine 30 mg capsules – are gray and reddish brown and have
- DUROMINE 30 written on them, AUSTRALIA 76680 Duromine 40 mg capsules – are gray and orange and have
- DUROMINE 40 written on them, AUSTRALIA 10942
Who Should Take Duromine
Duromine is recommended for individuals who are classified as overweight or medically obese. If you have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more or if you have a BMI of 27 or greater and have the risk of comorbidities such as diabetes type-2, high cholesterol or high blood pressure you are considered a candidate for Duromine. This weight loss drug is not recommended for children under 18 years of age or the elderly.
Overall it acts as an appetite suppressant. Cravings for food are reduced by the active ingredient, Phentermine, which interacts with the central nervous system. More than just suppressing your appetite, this drug boosts energy levels as well. Phentermine is reported to be similar to amphetamine.
Do You Need A Prescription For Duromine
Duromine is a prescription drug but it is possible to order it online through Australia and New Zealand without a prescription, however buyer beware here. Duromine has had its license revoked and reinstated a number of times by the European Commission. Currently, it has no marketing authorization in Europe since the European Commission’s decision to withdraw it in 2002.
Duromine Side Effects
- Restlessness, excess energy and insomnia
- Difficulty breathing,lightheadedness, weakness, fatigue
- Euphoria Increase in blood pressure
- Swelling of hands, feet and ankles
- Headache Diarrhea and/or constipation
- Dry mouth, unpleasant taste
- Libido changes Impotence
Overdosing with Duromine can have serious consequences. If the dose is high enough, it can cause death. If fatal poisoning occurs, this usually ends with convulsions and coma. Duromine overdose symptoms include:
- Excessive energy
- Tremor (involuntary twitching and/or shaking)
- Increased breathing rate
- Confusion, hallucinations, panic
- Excess fatigue
- Circulatory collapse
- Abdominal cramps
If Duromine is used for long periods of time it can become habit forming. It should not be taken for a longer period than prescribed by your doctor. If you buy Duromine online without a prescription, make sure you read the insert carefully and follow exactly what it says. You really should be under a doctor’s care when using this drug.
You should take one capsule a day and preferably before breakfast or no later than two hours after eating breakfast. Taken later in the day can cause insomnia. Make sure to take plenty of water with your capsule.
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 17th September 2019)