Ionamin (Phentermine as a resin complex for sustained release) is an anorexigenic prescription drug that is taken in conjunction with a low-calorie diet and exercise for weight loss. Ionamin is only prescribed to patients who are overweight with a mass body index (BMI) of 27 and above who have a high risk factor for diabetes type-2, high cholesterol and/or high blood pressure or those who are medically obese with a BMI of 30 or above.
A number of studies have demonstrated the efficacy of Ionamin in its ability to help lose weight. However, it has also been shown to cause a number of long-term as well as short-term side effects. These side effects may present themselves simultaneously with the therapeutic effect. Not all side effects occur at the same time but some side effects appear to be coupled. Each person is different genetically and accounts for the wide range of responses not only to Ionamin but to all drugs.
Ionamin Common Side Effects
- Dry mouth, very common side effect, drink a lot of water
- Diarrhea, constipation
- Depression, anxiety
- Nausea, vomiting
Ionamin Severe Side Effects
- Chest pain
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Leg, ankle, hand swelling
- Tingling and/or numbness in arms and legs
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing
- Mood swings Uncontrolled anger
- Uncontrolled muscle movements
- Change in sexual ability/interest
- Allergic response (rash, hives, itching, swelling(especially of the lips, tongue, mouth or throat))
- Seizure, convulsions
- Weakness on one side of the body
- Blurred vision
- Difficult or painful urination
- Extreme feelings of well-being
- Tremor Excessive sweating
- Men may develop erectile dysfunction and will need ED pills like Horny Goat Weed or prescription Viagra
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 17th September 2019)