Losing weight can be tough. One of the hardest parts about shedding those pounds can be missing out on delicious foods and drinks that we previously enjoyed.
But is the guilt really worth it? With these delicious and healthy beverages, you can have the best of both worlds. Enjoy a yummy drink that also provides many health benefits, is low in calories, and is also low in fat and sugar. Fight those cravings with a healthy alternative to some of the more common snacking and drinking options like sweets and soda pop.
Fruit smoothies – Your options are almost unlimited with fruit smoothies. There are various recipes to use and many different methods to make them as well. You can use a simple blender or some of the recent appliances that have come out that are intended for smoothies. You can use fruit alone, you can add water, or you can even add milk, coconut milk, or almond milk. The following is a list of some of the best fruits to use in smoothies to help keep your diet on track and avoid other more unhealthy beverages:
- Berries – Berries of any kind are full of flavor and will help you in your weight loss pursuits. You can select strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or any of the other delicious berries that you can find. Get creative and experiment with various combinations of some of your favorite fruits.
- Watermelon – This is quickly becoming juicers’ favorite addition to fruit smoothies. Perfect for summertime, this fruit will add flavor and may have the ability to decrease fat storage in the body.
- Apples – Some people may find this an odd addition to a fruit smoothie, but apples can give a great flavor as well as deliver a multitude of important vitamins and minerals that will help you to keep those pounds off. Try an apple smoothie with some added cinnamon for a festive fall smoothie that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth while keeping you on track with your weight loss goals.
- Veggies – Don’t forget that you can add veggies to any fruit smoothie to upgrade its health factor. Many people enjoy the combination of carrots and orange. Celery is another low calorie option to add. Another great option is to add a little bit of spinach or any green leafy vegetable for added health benefits.
- Green Tea – This beverage is not only low in calories, but also has other properties that will help you along the long road to a better body. Research with has shown beneficial results for weight loss as opposed to drinking just water. Another study showed that individuals who consume green tea regularly weigh less on average and even have smaller waists! Why aren’t we all drinking green tea?!? It is believed that the antioxidants and the caffeine in green tea are responsible for these great benefits. If you do not like plain tea, then you can add some flavor and richness by adding honey or almond milk.
- Lemon Water – This is a well-known drink option for many people who are wanting to burn excess fat from their bodies. It is rumored to be especially beneficial to drink at night before bed. It is believed that this drink can help boost your metabolism, helping your body to work off the calories you consume more quickly. You can drink it hot or cold. You can add other ingredients like honey and/or cinnamon. You can even add other fruits, vegetables, or herbs like cucumber or mint. Experiment with healthy ingredients to get the most out of your healthy beverages! Best of luck to you in your weight loss pursuits!
3 Drinks That Are More Effective Than Lemon Water for Weight Loss. (2016, Feb 29). Retrieved from Women’s Health – Prevention: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/drinks-for-weight-loss?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=Social&utm_term=769191842&utm_campaign=Women%27s%20Health
Kramer, J. (2015, Jan 29). Can Lemon Water Really Help You Lose Weight? Retrieved from Women’s Health: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/lemon-water-weight-loss
The Best Fruits for Fat Loss and Easy Weight Loss. (n.d.). Retrieved from Eat This: http://www.eatthis.com/best-fruits-for-fat-loss