Phentermine 37.5 mg refers to the most popular and prescribed dosage of phentermine diet pills. It does not specify the brand or a generic form, just the dosage. Many manufacturers make Phentermine 37.5 mg because it is the strongest dosage and the most prescribed by physicians. Phentermine 37.5 mg can be purchased in capsule or tablet form.
Who Manufactures Phentermine 37.5 mg?
Phentermine tablets in generic form are manufactured by a number of pharmaceutical firms, including Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, Actavis Pharmaceuticals and KVK-Tech. For the brand name Phentermine, there two the most popular in North America – Teva, maker of Adipex P and Vivus, maker of Qsymia.
Adipex-P 37.5mg Tablets
Manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Adipex-P is the most popular brand of Phentermine. This tablet is identified by its blue speckles and was replicated many times by other brands, as you can see in the examples below. This tablet is small and can be easily consumed.
- Adipex-P 37.5mg capsules – Also manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, this capsule has the same strength as the Adipex-P tablet. It is decidedly less popular than Adipex 37.5 tablets, probably because it doesn’t have the famous blue speckles that people identify with as having phentermine as the active ingredient. Some doctors prefer prescribing capsules because they are easier to swallow than a tablet.
- Phentermine 37.5mg tablets by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals – These Phentermine 37.5mg tablets are manufactured by Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, a small generic manufacturer which was recently acquired by Endo Pharmaceuticals. As you can see, this tablet looks like the Adipex 37.5mg tablet although its blue speckles are darker.
- Phentermine 37.5mg tablets by Actavis USA – Previously known as Purepac Phentermine, it is now manufactured and distributed by Actavis Pharmaceuticals, a leading generic pharmaceutical manufacturer. The tablets are easy to pinpoint due to their R-316 imprint. They are tiny, smooth and easy to consume. Before it was acquired by Actavis, Purepac was the largest manufacturer of Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets.
- Phentermine 37.5mg tablets by Able Laboratories Inc – Able Laboratories, Inc. was a developer and manufacturer of generic pharmaceutical products in tablet, capsule, liquid and suppository dosage forms. In May 2005, they went bankrupt and had to discontinue manufacturing and distributing Phentermine tablets.
- Phentermine 37.5mg tablets by Actavis – Totowa LLC Prior to its current name of Actavis Totowa LLC was known as Amide Pharmaceuticals, a company based in New Jersey. It was then purchased by Actavis in 2006. In the early 2000’s, Amide Phentermine 37.5 mg tablets were a hot item because you could purchase them through online pharmacies. Patients enjoy this in tablet form because it’s similar to the Adipex 37.5mg tablet.
- Phentermine 37.5mg tablets by KVK-Tech - KVK-Tech is a small manufacturer of generic Phentermine which has grown at a rapidly accelerated pace in the past couple of years. KVK focuses on a small number of products, mostly diet pills. These Phentermine 37.5mg tablets are an alternative to the Adipex 37.5 mg tablets. The K-25 imprint is more and more popular, in particular with the Phenobestin.com Phentermine Forums, which shows that the KVK-Tech Phentermine is emerging as a high stakes company in the diet pill and supplement industry.