When starting a weight loss diet while taking Qsymia, it can be difficult to know where to start. Your health care provider can help you get started with a general outline.
There are many diets out there and there are some you need to stay away from. The first two weeks are crucial so you need to follow a diet very carefully.
The general idea is to maximize foods that are good for weight loss and minimize foods that cause weight gain. This is good because this makes meal planning easy. Basically you’re looking at something similar to an Atkins diet which means high protein, high fiber and low carbohydrate foods. Couldn’t get simpler than that. It’s all about the right food choices.
Foods that contain a lot of sugar actually increase your appetite, so you want to eliminate those. Just think about a glaze doughnut. It is high in fat and sugar. You eat one and you want another one. Eating a lot of sugar makes you want more sugar. So you need to stay away from high sugar foods. Foods that make you feel full and are satisfying include various protein sources and veggies. Veggies are very important as they are high in fiber and antioxidants and low in sugar. The fiber tends to fill you up and slows down digestion keeping you feeling full longer. You can have some bread but only if it is whole wheat and contains 2 grams of sugar or less per slice. Ideally, you need to stay below 13 grams of sugar per day for the first two weeks. After that point, you can gradually add in complex carb foods slowly. You’ll need to check your weight daily and see where you begin to gain weight. Once you have established that, you’ll know how many carbs you need to cut back to maintain constant weight. It’s a little bit of trial and error and it is different for everyone.
It’s also important to know that you need to eat to lose weight on Phentermine. Don’t skip meals. Skipping a meal(s) puts your body in starvation mode which causes your body to hold on to weight for survival. Your brain sets you average weight and tries to maintain that at all times. At this point, you’re trying to lose weight so you’re trying to reset your average weight in the brain (hypothalamus) to a lower weight. Skipping meals creates a yo-yo effect which is confusing to your body and brain and no weight loss will occur. Basically, you’re looking at a 500 to 800 Calorie reduction daily. So, you need to take in at least 1200 Calories to 1500 Calories each day to lose weight. And, remember stay away from sugary foods.
General Diet When Taking Qsymia
- Drink lots of water – this drug tends to create dry mouth so you need to keep yourself well hydrated. This is important for metabolic processes and elimination of waste material as well. Some people experience constipation with Qsymia. Drinking a lot of water helps to avoid this issue. It is recommended that you drink 8 – 8 ounce glasses a day.
- Protein – very important for every cell in the body and particularly the brain and skeletal muscle. Low protein consumption slows down brain function. Moreover, high protein foods take more to digest, metabolize and use. That means you burn more calories processing protein. If you are exercising and building lean muscle, you need to take in more protein. If you don’t, you’ll start burning protein in your own muscle. You have a wide range of protein sources to mix and match such as fish, lean skinless chicken and turkey, lean beef (8 percent fat or less), eggs (range-free), nuts and low-fat dairy. Try some yogurt and cottage cheese. Make sure the yogurt is low sugar. Some of them have 33 gm of sugar per serving. Look for unflavored yogurt or fruit yogurts with 6-7 gm of sugar. For breakfast you could have a hard boiled egg, 1 slice of whole wheat toast (pat of butter) and one yogurt.
- Veggies and fiber – veggies contain high concentrations of water, fiber and antioxidants. This is a way of adding volume to your meals without all those calories. You need to stay away from fruits your first two weeks. Fruits contain a lot of sugar some of which is in the form of fructose. Too much fructose runs your metabolism amok. After the two week period you can gradually add fruit. For really powerful antioxidants, choose berries. All kinds of berries such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, pineapple (it’s a berry), goose berries, acai, strawberries, cranberries and the list goes on. Their bright colors tell you they are full of antioxidants. Eat the whole fruit and stay away from juice.
If you feel like Qsymia is too much for you, try Obilean supplement and lose the weight just as well as on prescription medicine.
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.