What is Phentermine hydrochloride?
Phentermine is a stimulant that is used for neuropsychiatric conditions, including major depressive disorder and anxiety. It is considered reasonably safe when administered as a standalone agent. There are several ways by which phentermine might prove helpful for individuals with depression.
Firstly, Phentermine HCL functions as a TAAR1 agonist. This essentially means that it binds to, and stimulates TAAR1 sites and this stimulation can trigger an intrasynaptic release of monoamines including: norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin which are crucial in the regulation of mood and therefore why it is considered useful in possible treatment of depression and anxiety disorders.
Phentermine also acts as an appetite suppressant which affects the central nervous system to help with weight loss and food craving control. Phentermine HCL is a stimulant similar to an amphetamine and when it is used in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise, it can help obese people lose weight in an effective way. The drug is Phentermine is usually available in regular tablets or orally dissolving capsules and the potency of the weight loss pills is dependent on the brand you choose. It is generally recommended that people take it in low dosage and based on your health condition with regards to your body weight. Many different brands have slightly varying intake recommendations, but in general, phentermine is best ingested on an empty stomach one hour before one takes breakfast, or a couple of hours after. The diet pills containing Phentermine HCL should be taken over a short period of time and extended use is not advised.
How can Phentermine help anxiety sufferers?
The significant effects noted when phentermine is used on the peripheral nervous system is considered to have various outcomes such as increasing energy which could assists people suffering from anxiety and depression to have more energy to exercise which in turn has a positive impact on their mood.
It is also thought that the reason this drug helps lower anxiety is patients is because there is a noticeable correlation between obesity, low self-esteem and anxiety so its effects on weight loss can be attributed to better overall self-esteem and consequently less anxiety. Since around patients with major depression are reported to fail to derive sufficient symptomatic relief from conventional pharmacology, Phentermine HCL has also been used as an antidepressant in recent times.
Anxiety is a condition that tends to not discriminate in terms of who may become susceptible to the condition. People suffering from anxiety are increasingly being prescribed Phentermine because of noted effects on keeping anxiety attacks under control.
Phentermine is a prescription drug which tends to give its users relief because of the properties found in the drug. Many people are reported to be successfully managing their anxiety attacks through the use of Phentermine. It can be bought online from approved stockists.
It is believed that effect of phentermine upon the hypothalamus can be attributed to better appetite and mood regulation. Because phentermine modulates hypothalamus activity, it is possible that it helps with HPA dysfunction and promotes normalization of mood which has very positive effects on anxiety.
The drug is known to help with anxiety through several ways:
- Physical exercise – a notable problem those with depression and anxiety face is that they find it difficult to engage in physical activity as a result of fatigue, motivational deficits, and sleepiness. The fact that Phentermine HCL acts as an energy booster helps counterbalance these negative effects by giving people the energy to stay motivated and fit which reduces their anxiety.
- Increasing neurophysiological arousal – when Phentermine is administered it tends to help those who suffer from anxiety and depression by boosting neurophysiological arousal in those people who naturally have theirs low due to factors such as genetics or other causative factors. It is regarded beneficial for depressed patients to increase neurophysiological arousal with pharmacology such as Phentermine HCL.
- Weight loss – the association between obesity and anxiety is well known and Phentermine has been proven to help with weight loss. This can have positive effects for those suffering from anxiety because with weight loss comes increased self-esteem and reduced depression and ultimately this alleviates anxiety attacks.
- Better brain wave modulation – differences in neuroelectrical activity are seen as a cause in some cases of anxiety since those who suffer from depression tend to exhibit excessive amounts of slow-wave activity and reduced amounts of fast-wave activity during the day. It is thought that phentermine-induced modulation of neuroelectrical activity may have a therapeutic effect among those with anxiety.
- Dietary intake – because weight loss is usually accompanied by healthier eating habits this actually acts as agent for much better health and regulated mood control. This improved mood control mechanism has a direct effect on dietary intake.
- Neural activation – the effects of Phentermine on brain function haven’t not been studied in detail, however, it is reasonably assumed that Phentermine affects activity in multiple regions of the brain and that such changes in neural activation such as by increasing or decreasing activity in certain regions may produce therapeutic effects for those with anxiety. Some areas of the brain which are thought to be affected by the administration of Phentermine include the HPA axis, nucleus accumbens, and prefrontal cortex.
Effects on those with depression with comorbid anxiety
It is however interesting to note that some experts have alludes to the fact that because there is a good chance that depression with comorbid anxiety has the probability to worsen as a result of Phentermine treatment, those who suffer from depression and also have an anxiety disorder are reported to exhibit heightened arousal, agitation, and usually find it difficult to remain calm when they take Phentermine since it is a stimulate and it is thought that because it is a sympathomimetic it would not be a good fit for anyone with anxiety due to the fact that it increases arousal. They argue that an increase in arousal is likely to actually increase anxiety, as well as depression.
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 26th February 2021)