If you are interested in nutrition and promoting a healthy lifestyle, you’ve probably researched the process of detoxifying your body. Maybe you’re already exploring detoxes or completing them as part of your own routine.
When it comes to choose detox, the reasons behind it can be complex and varied. Many people choose to detox because they desire to rid the body of toxins in addition to leading a life that is healthy and pure. Natural and fresh foods may be incorporated into the detox process.
One of the best foods to add to your detox routine is beets. They truly are a super-food, but they can be an acquired taste. Beets have some amazing properties that help the detox process by cleansing the liver through antioxidants. In fact, beets can also encourage detoxing in the body’s natural detox organs – the kidneys, liver and gallbladder.
If you want to incorporate beets into your detox diet, one of the best ways to do this is through soup. The Russians and eastern Europeans were well aware of the beet when it comes to soup, they perfected Borscht. For detox, Borscht is the perfect solution and when you add a savory broth made from bones, all the better.
This recipe is so good, it will even win over the toughest beet critic. It has a savory bone broth that gives the soup a warm, hearty feel without overpowering the senses. Add the beets and you have the perfect detoxifying broth.
So how do you make this culinary wonder? Here’s the recipe.
Things You’ll Need:
- Bone broth (beef), making it from scratch is best but you can also purchase it pre made)
- Beets (2-3), peel and cut into small cubes
- Yellow Onion Celery (3-4 stalks)
- Fennel Carrots (4) Garlic (4 cloves)
- Olive Oil you can add the final touches, the beets and broth.
- Season to taste but be sure to taste it throughout cooking.
- Lemon (1)
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan, warm it slowly and be sure it doesn’t get too hot. Once the oil is warm, add the onion, carrots and celery, all diced. Allow these to cook for a just a minute or two before adding salt, pepper and topping off with the fennel. Once this has cooked down, transfer to a stock pot or slow cooker.
Once the veggies have been added to the pot, mince your garlic and add to the mixture.
Now, let the soup cook on low for 4-6 hours, this brings out the best flavor. If you’re short on time, you can also turn the heat up just a touch and reduce the cook time to 1.5 hours. Keep an eye on the veggies and make sure they have cooked enough to be pierced with a fork. Once the veggies are soft, add another splash of olive oil and lemon zest.
Of course, you can adjust any part of this recipe to meet your own tastes. If you like more garlic, feel free to add it into your soup. Anything on this list can be added to match your own preferences. That is the beauty of this recipe! So grab a bowl and enjoy your new detox recipe!
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 12th May 2021)