The Qsymia weight loss program will help you get rid of the extra pounds now and forever. This dietary plan is not for people who are 10 to 20 pounds overweight but rather for individuals who need to lose 30, 50 or 100 pounds or more who have tried everything else and failed. Please note that Qsymia is based on Phentermine HCL with Topiramate and available on sale by prescription only.
It is for those who have considered drastic actions such as gastric bypass surgery. Research has revealed the powerful forces that tell you when to eat and when not to eat. These forces can easily overwhelm the normal control mechanisms of obese individuals.
It was once thought that a lack of willpower in certain individuals was to blame for their obesity. In other words, lack of willpower was a psychological weakness. It is now known that the biochemistry of obese individuals is different from people who are thin. Overweight individuals lack the normal internal signals to stop eating. They are either missing these chemicals or they are not responding to them properly. So, they end up eating the wrong foods and/or eating too much.
The Qsymia diet plan is based on maximizing the effects of the drug by reducing foods and drinks that cause hunger and increase foods that produce fullness. Foods that cause hunger are full of carbs (sugars) and foods that produce fullness include: protein, fruits, veggies, and a few low glycemic index carbs.
During the first weeks on the Qsymia diet, most carbohydrates are restricted. You are allowed small amounts of rye or whole wheat breads. Things like rice, pasta, potatoes and sugars are kept to a minimum for 14 days. You are allowed to have these 2 to 3 times a week in small amounts. Stay away from watermelon, bananas, pineapple, mangoes and all dried fruits during this period of time.
First Two Week Food Elimination
- No high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, molasses, honey, sucrose, dextrose, sugar.
- No pasta, white rice, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, can have rye or whole wheat bread (1 slice a day, possibly two).
- No fast food restaurants except salads.
- No trans fats and that includes hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils.
You’re probably expecting to see daily meal plans and specialty foods that require special shopping and cooking. Not here. You should eat what you like and what you’re used to but you need to eliminate 1 or two items that will interfere with weight loss and weight management. Keeping your diet changes to a minimum is the key to success. If you are in doubt, calories and ease of portion are priority one over any other issue. It doesn’t matter if you’re at home, school, sports event or yoga class, there are always good food and drink alternatives that you can enjoy.
Research indicates that children and adults alike are more successful with weight loss if they have something to eat for breakfast. It’s all about metabolism and about control and making better choices throughout the day. You need protein. So, for the first 7 days, you can have no cereal but you can have rye, whole wheat or reduced carb bread (1 slice).
Good Breakfast Hints
- Keep it small and light.
- Eat foods that are served cold. These tend to be low in calorie and are easily portioned out.
- If you work in doors all day, you’d be hard pressed to eat two large meals in a day without gaining weight and over time, a lot of weight.
- Eating a small lunch means there will only be one large meal a day, dinner. You could reverse this if you like. Have a larger lunch and small dinner.
- Lunch choices include low cal sandwiches and various wraps that are whole wheat or rye/pumpernickel. They are easy to portion. Stay away from high calorie and sugary side dishes. Italian subs are great but you need to wait two weeks for those.
- Don’t skip lunch, don’t eat fast food, no pieces of fried chicken/fish, no pasta or potatoes or pizza.
Good Dinner Hints
- Eat 4 to 6 ounces of fish, especially salmon, tuna or mackerel, from this you get high protein and omega-3s, other proteins sources include lean beef, chicken or pork.
- Lots of veggies and steam them, broccoli, green beans cauliflower, mixed veggies, carrots, zucchini, yellow neck squash, asparagus, green salads with no tomatoes.
- Can have small portion of wild rice or a slice of whole wheat bread. Small amounts of wild rice can be laced into the veggies.
There are no real set meal plans here but rather remove bad foods and drinks and eat what you like (except for the bad stuff) in sensible portions and don’t skip any meals. You need to drink a lot of water every day. It is recommended to drink eight-8 ounce glasses and you can drink tea (no coffee) hot or cold with no added sugar. Within two weeks, you’ll be able to add in a number of fruits and complex carbs but you still need to limit it.
- MedicineNet.com - Phentermine Weight Loss Drug Side Effects, Dosage, Safety & Alcohol Effects.
- RXList.com - Phentermine (phentermine hydrochloride): Side Effects, Dosages, Treatment, Interactions, Warnings
- EverydayHealth.com - Phentermine Reviews - Everyday Health
- HealthLine.com - Phentermine - Side Effects, Dosage, Uses, and More.
(Last Updated On: 25th July 2021)